The only possession on this earth,
I am afraid of.
- Explain the meaning of ‘pride’ in your own words.
- Give three examples of possessions you own.
- Describe three things that people are often afraid of.
Critical Thinking Questions
- In what way could ‘pride’ be thought of as a possession?
- Why do you think the writer is afraid of pride?
- Sometimes ‘pride’ might be a good thing. In your opinion what kinds of things is it OK to be proud of? (Give examples.)
- At other times, ‘pride’ might be a bad thing. In your opinion, when might it be a bad thing to be proud? (Give examples.)
Follow Up Activity
1. Choose one of the following words, and write your own three-line poem like the one above (“Pride”). Use the word that you chose as the first line of your poem.
2. Draw a small picture to go with your poem.
3. Share your poem with other people. Explain, why you chose the word that you chose, and explain your picture. Ask questions about other people’s poems and pictures. Make sure to use English.